Sowing Skills, Harvesting Opportunities...
Welcome to Agriculture Skill Council of India
Agriculture and allied activities accounts for about 15.7 % of country's GDP and is estimated to employ about 124.7 million people as cultivators and 106.8 million as agricultural labour (Census 2001). Besides this Agriculture Industry employs a large number of people in the Organized and the Unorganized sector, the data pertaining to the same is however not available. Based on the assumptions of Food Grain Production and Manpower required to handle the total produced, the same is derived at (0.20 Million) for Organized and (1.95 Million) for Unorganized sector.
Read more ...
Vision & Mission
- End to end approach on skilling and linking all the stakeholders of Agriculture Value Chain.
- Creating more non-agricultural jobs (Agriculture Allied Activities).
- Achieving rapid growth in the Agriculture sector through intensive skill development.
- Linking and generating maximum number of entry-level jobs.
- Enhancing the economic value of time and labour of landless workforce.
- Making farmers of the country Agriculture entrepreneurs through Market Information.
- Linking the farm labour with wage related employment in Agriculture sector, during non farming months.