Affiliation & Accreditation
Affiliation of Assessment Agencies
ASCI identifies Assessment Agencies which can get affiliated for undertaking assessments.
Eligible Assessment agencies include
- Assessment Agencies with national presence and having demonstrated ability to assess the eligible training content with respect to NOS and QPs
- Assessment Agencies formed by SSC, but operating independent of SSC
- Assessment Agencies participating in assessments of training programs under other government schemes
- Trade Associations
- Industry Bodies
The interested Assessment Agencies approach ASCI to submit their request for affiliation, and post due diligence and payment of affiliation fee they empanelled as the ASCI assessment agencies. After the empanelment of Assessment Agency, a Service Level Agreement (SLA) sign between ASCI and Assessment Agency. The SLA includes aspects related to delivery, revenue sharing and non-conflict activities etc.
Affiliation of Training Partners
Any Education Body/ Vocational Training provider (VTP) can seek affiliation from a Sector Skill Council in delivering the requisite elements of a NOS based vocational training. The affiliation process conducted by an SSC will carry out evaluation of competence and availability of the desired infrastructure/ capability of creating the desired infrastructure matching the needs/ requirements of delivering NOS based training. ASCI has robust protocols for affiliating training partners to ensure that high standards of training. These protocols have been developed in partnership with NSDC, which mandates affiliation of the Training Partner prior to delivery of training. We identify, assess and affiliate the existing public or private training institutes in every region to ensure delivery of NOS aligned curriculum. Institutions Eligible to Affiliate to the Sector Skill Council:
- Training Organizations/Institutions set up by NSDC funding
- Training Institutions set up/affiliated by Government of India Private Training Institutions independently operating in Vocational Space
- ITIs/ITCs affiliated to NCVT
- Institutions approved by Councils under Central Government like AICTE
- College/ Institutes affiliated to a University set by Central or State/ UT Government or recognized by UGC
- Schools / Institutes approved by Central or State Boards of Secondary Education (or equivalent) or Boards of Technical Education.
- Any other institute set up by Central or State/ UT government/Private Training Institutions independently operating in Vocational Space
- Training institutions set up by private companies to meet the skilled manpower requirement for in-house needs or for the sector
- Company/Firm/Society/Trust – Any of the above fulfilling any of the following criteria:
- An organization providing training under Apprentices Act, 1961 for last one year from the date of submission of the application.
- An organization registered in India, conducting business in the domain of skill development & training, having Permanent Income Tax Account Number (PAN) and Service Tax Registration Number and audited accounts of statements at least for last one year
For more information click here